Early Childhood Full Time Assistant 4-6 year Olds
The Washington Waldorf School is seeking an assistant teacher to support our Children’s Garden, 4-6 year olds program, beginning with the 2022-2023 school year.
This is a full-time hourly position from 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday through Friday with a paid lunch break, during the school year. Attendance at weekly department meetings as well as meeting with the classroom lead teacher will be required. Seasonal attendance at some full faculty meetings, parent teacher conferences, and some admissions events may be required and time will be compensated. Benefits include paid “sick & safe” leave and some paid holidays as well as all needed financial aid for teacher’s children attending the School.
Primary duties include:
• Assisting the Children’s Garden lead teacher in classroom set up and clean up, class activities, and supervising the children.
• Leading the afternoon class, including supervising the children with rest and storytelling, crafts, and outdoor activities.
Requirements for the position include:
• Experience working with young children
• Familiarity or strong interest in Waldorf education
• Ability to meet Maryland Office of Child Care licensing requirements, including completion of yearly continuing education credits, and ability to pass a comprehensive Maryland criminal background check.
• Completion of OCC 90 hour training or equivalent. WWS provides assistance for the 90 hour course fees for new hires.
A bachelor’s degree and training in Waldorf early childhood education are preferred. Otherwise, we seek an assistant who is enthusiastic, energetic, and patient, with a strong commitment to Waldorf education and a desire to grow as a teacher.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com, attn. Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.