Full Time Grade School FRENCH Teacher
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The French Language teacher is responsible for lesson preparations and instruction for students in Grade 1 through 8, working within the framework of Waldorf education and curriculum. The teacher will work with the grade class teachers, and other subject teachers as a group, and prepare oral and written reports at regular intervals during the year. There are some administrative and supervisory duties in addition to teaching responsibilities, including regular attendance at Pedagogical meetings.
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
● Ideally, a candidate will have Waldorf Teacher Education certification, or demonstrated abilities in the application of the pedagogical underpinnings of a Waldorf program.
● A University Bachelor Degree, and at least two years teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
● Familiarity with a vast repertoire of children’s rhymes, poems, songs, and games, and the ability to choose age appropriate material from these sources.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● An approachable manner with colleagues, parents, and students.
● A willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
● Active and ongoing research and development in your area of academic expertise.
● Skills in classroom management and discipline follow-through.
● Previous experience in a Waldorf/Steiner school or knowledge of Waldorf education is an asset.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé, and references to:
Hiring Committee ~ Trillium Waldorf School
540 Victoria Road North Guelph, ON N1E 6Z4
Due to the nature of the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic, additional details of the position requirements, related to Health & Safety Protocol will be shared with candidates during the interview, and again at the point of hiring.
The Trillium Waldorf Schools welcomes and values the contributions that diverse individuals and those from marginalized communities offer to our work, teaching and learning environments. We are currently a majority white staff and are committed to focusing on developing diversity, equity and inclusion in our staff, community and our organization as a whole.
We thank all candidates in advance but can only contact those selected for an interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.