Full Time Grade School Teacher
PURPOSE/SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Class Teachers are active members of the Faculty who are responsible for holding their class each year. Class teachers agree to teach the grade for which they were hired, as per the teaching schedule, according to the philosophy, purpose and curriculum of Waldorf education. Attendance at school events and festivals, as well as
attending/assisting with occasional weekend events and meetings is required.
● The Class Teacher will evaluate each child’s academic, emotional and social progress and report to parents regularly through written reports and interviews.
● As part of the full Faculty, Class Teachers contribute to pedagogical, child, and curriculum study. Lead regular Parent evenings and work one-on-one with parents to help facilitate a more thorough understanding of the Waldorf curriculum and child development.
● A designated number of duties, administrative and other, in addition to their teaching responsibilities. Attend all faculty meetings and assist with open houses and other school events wherever possible. Supervise snack or lunch recess duty as per the recess duty schedule.
● Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred.
● Minimum University Bachelor Degree and two years teaching experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills; approachable for students, parents and colleagues. Excellent conflict resolution skills.
● Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
NOTE: This posting is for a Grade School Teacher, the successful candidate will be given the specific teaching assignment (Grade) by Faculty, as determined by best fit for the teacher and the class.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Trillium Waldorf School is in its 27th year of development, and currently serves approximately 151 students and their parents from Kindergarten through Grade Eight. Trillium is located on a 3-acre site in the picturesque city of Guelph, Ontario. Access to a local biodynamic farm, Guelph Lake, and conservation trails allows the school to offer outdoor and farming-based programs. Our school was built for us in the fall of 2005, and is an eco-friendly leader in the Guelph community, particularly with its rooftop rainwater collection system. Our dynamic teaching Faculty offers a wealth of diverse experience, and our active mentoring program helps support new teachers.
Salary is determined based on years of experience and ranges from $39,359 - $51,828. Benefits plan includes life and accident insurance, health and dental coverage.
We invite applicants to send a cover letter, résumé, and 3 references to:
Hiring Committee ~ Trillium Waldorf School
540 Victoria Road North Guelph, ON N1E 6Z4
Please send resume and cover letter to: HR@trilliumwaldorfschool.com
Due to the nature of the evolving COVID-19 Pandemic, additional details of the position requirements, related to Health & Safety Protocol will be shared with candidates during the interview, and again at the point of hiring.
The Trillium Waldorf Schools welcomes and values the contributions that diverse individuals and those from marginalized communities offer to our work, teaching and learning environments. We are currently a majority white staff and are committed to focusing on developing diversity, equity and inclusion in our staff, community and our organization as a whole.
We thank all candidates in advance but can only contact those selected for an interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.