Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
City of Fountains School is welcoming applications for a Kindergarten Assistant Teacher for the 2022--23 school year. The right person is compassionate and can help foster a classroom environment of reverence and loving joy. As an emerging school, we are looking for someone who will be instrumental in helping us continue to develop COFS and nurture a growing, diverse community of life-long learners.
Preferred candidates have:
- Experience working with young children
- Strong organizational skills and dependability
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly classroom
- Follow direction of the Kindergarten Lead Teacher to provide proper care for children
- Assist during all classroom activities and transitions, including cooking and cleaning dishes
- A willingness to spend a portion of each day with the children outdoors in all types of weather
- A desire to model inner capacities such as compassionate listening, gratitude, stillness, warmth and creativity
- An understanding of the importance of play
- A warm and welcoming approach to students and parents
Our Kindergarten class meets from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. The school year runs from Sept. 6, 2022, to May 26, 2023.
Located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri, City of Fountains School (COFS) is nestled in an urban residential neighborhood. Here we strive to nourish the intrinsic curiosity, creativity and spirit of each student by providing a developmentally-appropriate academic foundation based on Waldorf education. For the 2022- 23 school year, we will offer parent/child through 8th grade classes, in addition to mixed grades homeschool enrichment classes, all in line with Waldorf education methods.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.