The Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees and oversees the administrative and business operations of the school, ensuring that the school adheres to and pursues its stated mission, complies with all applicable laws and regulations, appropriately manages risk, and implements strategies and policies set by the Board of Trustees. The Administrator provides leadership to the school as a whole, supervising and guiding the work of all administrative staff and committees, ensuring adequate communication among all School constituencies, as well as the broader community, and supporting the faculty in its pedagogical work with the students.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum, Master’s Degree a plus
- Experience in an educational or non-profit setting
- Familiarity with Waldorf principles and practices preferred
- Well organized and able to balance a large number of tasks
- Supervise others in a professional and collegial manner
- Ability to analyze, interpret, summarize, and present data effectively
- Ability to be an enthusiastic and articulate spokesperson for Da Vinci Waldorf School
-Proficiency with GoogleSuite applications (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google Classroom, GoogleMeet, gmail etc) and other online platforms
- Maintain an open flow of communication with all constituencies in the school
- Responsible for effectively managing parent issues and complaints with DVWS and directing parents to the appropriate individual or body
- Serve as contact person for other schools and organizations
- Participate in Board committees as needed
- Along with the Board, oversee the implementation of School’s strategic goals
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the school operation.
- Oversee physical plant to ensure a safe and aesthetically pleasing school environment and adherence to all local, state and federal guidelines
- Oversee all HR and personnel aspects and employee relations
- Collaborate with School Executive Committee to develop and maintain curriculum standards and set performance goals and objectives for all teaching staff
- Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm during the School Year (35-36 weeks)
- Some evening and/or weekend events during the school year will be required.
-Flexible summer hours to support Summer Camps, Enrollment activities, Planning and Prep Hours.
Compensation and Benefits
Full-Time EXEMPT employee.
Tuition remission for all legal children per the current employment policy.
5 weeks of paid holidays based on the school calendar.
Annual training and enrichment benefit based on budget allocations.
PTO hours accrued (40 hours = full time).
Send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com and indicate Administrator Opening in the Subject Line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.