2022-2023 Grade School Teacher
Polaris School and Centre is seeking a grade school teacher to take a combined grade 1 & 2 class for the 2022-2023 school year. Having opened our doors in September 2018, Polaris School and Centre is a small school in the Ottawa area looking for an individual with a pioneering spirit to join our team and growing school community.
The ideal candidate will be a Waldorf-trained teacher or Ontario-Certified teacher with Waldorf teaching experience, who feels comfortable taking on a split grade class. Experience teaching multi-grade classes is beneficial.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who enjoys working with children, teaching and works well in a collaborative manner.
• Prepare main lesson blocks and extra lessons for grade 1 and 2 students according to a Waldorf pedagogy and following the Waldorf curriculum.
• Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and the Circle of Teachers.
• Identify children's individual learning needs.
• Participate in staff meetings, mentoring and workshops as required.
• Waldorf Teacher Training Certification or Ontario-certified teacher training certification with at least one year teaching experience in a Waldorf setting and/or similar experience and certification.
• Ability to teach in English, other languages are an asset.
• Full-time salary ranges from $46K to $56K based on training and experience.
• No additional benefits are offered.
If interested, email a letter of intent, your resume, two references and a brief autobiography to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Polaris School and Centre
235 Donald St. Suite 159
Ottawa ON K1K 1N1
Your application has been successfully submitted.