High School Chair
Portland Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a full-time High School Chair, beginning July 1, 2022. The High School Chair is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising activities that support the healthy operation and development of the Portland Waldorf High School. The High School Chair is a member of the College, and works closely with the Pedagogical Director, School Director and High School Administrator.
Representative Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Clarify and nurture the mission of the high school with the faculty, students, and parents.
2. Identify need for new programs and faculty.
3. Oversee curriculum issues/questions in the high school.
4. Oversee the healthy development and growth of the high school.
5. Oversee and ensure healthy communication with and amongst faculty, administration, students, and parents.
6. Oversee policy formulation, documentation, and communication regarding policies.
7. Ensure that high school faculty meetings are planned, facilitated and decisions are noted and communicated.
8. Ensure that all high school faculty and staff are mentored, evaluated, and have opportunities for ongoing training and professional development.
9. Teaches and sponsors classes as needed up to 25%
Portland Waldorf School educates children for the whole of life to uplift humanity. Out of the insights of anthroposophy, the school nurtures the imagination, cultivates the intellect, and recognizes the unique spirit of each child in the community. In this way, children are surrounded by striving adults and strengthened individually and socially to meet the challenges of life. Students emerge as creative, independent thinkers who meet the world with initiative and purpose.
Our school embraces the opportunity to serve children and their families from all walks of life, from early childhood through high school, building on Rudolf Steiner’s transformative vision of the human being to educate toward a more equitable and sustainable society.
Portland Waldorf School, a 7-acre campus comprising wetlands, fields, streams, and gardens, stands at the intersection of city and country, drawing its strength from easy access to river and island, as well as farmland, forest, public transit, and urban environments. From this diversity of experience its heart beats – where history meets innovation, culture meets nature, and family meets community.
Our teachers and staff members work enthusiastically and energetically to engage their students and are dedicated to Waldorf education. They work collaboratively with their colleagues and the parent community to create an educational environment that is aligned with the school mission and program goals.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Benefits offered include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, tuition remission and professional development opportunities. Please send resume, letter of interest, and three professional references including emails and phone numbers (in PDF format only) to email@example.com
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.