Director - In Beautiful Desert Location
Come join the teachers, staff, and families at Mojave Springs School. Make history with us as we establish Waldorf culture in one of the most stunning and fastest growing metropolitan areas in North America: Las Vegas, Nevada.
As the school director you are responsible for the overall operational management of the school in accordance with our strategic plan and vision. This includes the development and delivery of the
school’s program consistent with the school’s mission, philosophy and goals, overseeing the school’s business operations and financial health, and assuring adherence to policy and procedure. You will work
in collaboration with the Board of Trustees and faculty to lead and grow our classrooms and educational programs.
● Ultimately responsible for the overall success of the school providing the school community with educational leadership consistent with Waldorf philosophy and pedagogy; ensuring curriculum goals
and programming are implemented.
● Provide oversight for business operations and ensure annual audit.
● Develops budget and approves expenditures alongside Treasurer.
● Supervise admissions, marketing and fundraising efforts.
● Support the Board in the overall fundraising efforts for the school including annual giving and school capital campaign.
● Supervise and support office and faculty, assisting in their development of talents and strengths, working to build a cohesive, motivated, responsible, and empowered team.
● Develop and maintain a pedagogical program to promote the development of Waldorf-inspired
instructional skills and strategies for all teachers and instructional staff.
● Represent the school to all its constituents including faculty and staff, parents, students, alumni, neighbors, and the broader community.
● Successful experience in nonprofit leadership; understanding of fiscal responsibilities and
● Knowledge of Waldorf education
● Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution.
● Strong interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community.
● Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations.
● Ability to think strategically.
● Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and employ organizationally sound decision-making.
● Enjoys being an active member of an administrative team.
● Strives to continually build knowledge/skills and share expertise with others
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary range based upon experience with an incentive structure based on enrollment, development, and strategic plan progress. Healthy benefit package included.
Please submit your resume/CV with cover letter to the Mojave Educational Foundation Board of Trustees at MSSBoard@mojavespringsschool.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.