Middle School Class Teacher
DVWS Middle School Teachers carry the year-long program for their class of students with an understanding of the developmental challenges of the adolescent. Classes may be single-grade or combined. The Middle School teacher collaborates with Subject Teachers to coordinate the experience for the students.
- Understand and develop lesson plans according to the Waldorf curriculum and developmental guidelines appropriate to the level of students they are teaching.
- Lesson plans will cover block studies in three or four week rhythms as well as ongoing skills lessons in language arts and mathematics.
- Prepare grade appropriate activities, class play and field trips.
- Monitor both the academic and developmental growth of the students.
- Actively create a social environment in the classroom in which students are encouraged to be responsible for their actions as well as their work and behavior.
- Provide a curriculum overview for parent orientation at the beginning of the school year.
- Prepare student block reports, conduct parent/teacher conferences once per year (or more when needed) and a final end of year report.
- Prepare and hold class meetings at least 3 times per school.
- Cultivate and maintain parent communication with the class parents.
Expectations of All Employees:
- Work collegially with coworkers.
- Provide support to parents and treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Continue to work on self and professional development.
- Be a worthy representative of DVWS and Waldorf education.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience teaching elementary grade level/s.
- A creative and open approach to living in the world.
- Love and respect for the developing child.
Send letter of interest and resume to
Chris Ecklund, Faculty Chair
Your application has been successfully submitted.