Seeking School Counselors for 2021-22/2022-2023 SY
The Emerson Waldorf School is seeking the Full-Time Equivalent of 1.5 positions to further implement a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses:
- personal/social development for 5th-12th grade students through building trusting relationships with students
- short-term social/emotional support and counseling referrals for students
- crisis intervention when necessary
- post-secondary guidance counseling for 11th and 12th students
- implementation of 9th-12th grade educational support plans
These needs could be met in several different scenarios, including:
- a full-time school counselor who oversees the social/emotional support of the 5th-12th grade students AND a half-time HS counselor who oversees the post-secondary guidance counseling and educational support
- a full-time high school counselor who oversees the 9th-12th grade social/emotional support and educational support as well as the 11th-12th grade post-secondary guidance counseling AND a half-time 5th-8th grade school counselor who oversees social/emotional support
Qualification: Minimum of a Master’s degree in a counseling program; current North Carolina counseling license.
Preference: Previous counseling experience with middle school and/or high school students.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes medical insurance. Tuition remission is provided for full-time faculty/staff children.
About the Emerson Waldorf School: Emerson Waldorf is a dual-accredited, well-established school with a rich program. We are located on a 54-acre wooded campus and farm set on the outskirts of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in the vibrant Research Triangle area. Within this diverse region, our campus is in a small rural and residential area adjacent to the 700-acre Duke Forest nature preserve. Our setting provides a rural atmosphere with the cultural advantages of a city. We serve students from preschool through high school and, in our working together, we actively promote a professional culture of communication, collaboration, and professional and personal development.
Emerson Waldorf School has a deep commitment to creating an inclusive community that values diversity and multiculturalism, and we seek candidates who have this same commitment. If you would like to join our exceptional faculty, please email a resume and cover letter, and three references to:
Emerson Waldorf High School
6211 New Jericho Road, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
Your application has been successfully submitted.