Grade One Teacher
London Waldorf School is seeking applicants for the position of GRADE ONE TEACHER for the 2022-2023 school year.
London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful - fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
~ Rudolf Steiner
This is a full-time permanent position starting July 1, 2022.
Salary is dependent on the amount and type of previous teaching experience as well as the final workload. The current starting salary for a full-time Grade One teacher is between $39,402 and $43,342 based on experience. Our salaries and benefits are comparable with those of other Waldorf Schools, including: group health and dental benefits, long-term disability plan, 3% pension plan contributions, and tuition remission after 3 months of employment at 70% or more.
- Teaching experience - in a Waldorf school or other setting
- Waldorf Teacher Education Certification - AWSNA or WECAN accredited
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate
- Anthroposophical studies/courses
- Additional relevant workshops, conferences, intensives, certification
- A significant connection to Waldorf Education
- The ability to teach a variety of subjects to various ages of children
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with fellow teachers and administrators
- Demonstrated ability to work with parents to meet their questions and needs as parents
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning and development of personal professional practice
- Teaching Main Lesson and Skills lessons in a variety of subjects (language & literature, mathematics, science & nature, history & geography, the arts)
- Planning special curriculum related activities
- Eating snack and lunch with class
- May be required to teach lesson(s) in other grades
- Evaluating each child’s academic, emotional and social progress and reporting to parents regularly through written reports and interviews
- Contributing to pedagogical, child and curriculum study
- Supervising students on field trips and overnight trips
- Leading regular parent evenings and working one-on-one with parents to help facilitate a more thorough understanding of Waldorf curriculum and child development
- Performing a designated number of duties, recess and administrative, in addition to teaching responsibilities
- Attending weekly faculty meetings and regular retreats and assisting with school events wherever possible
- Participating in ongoing professional development
At London Waldorf School, we use cohort teaching, a term indicating that the teacher stays with the same group of students as they transition through the grades. Whenever possible, a teacher who starts with a group of students in 1st grade will stay as their main teacher throughout the entire lower school years until completing 8th grade.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are asked to send a letter of interest including a resume, references, and a brief biography by February 9, 2022 to the attention of the Hiring Committee at: email@example.com.
London Waldorf School is committed to equity in its policies, practices and procedures, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered. Qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding.
Your application has been successfully submitted.