Afternoon EC Teacher - Beginning February 2022
Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten and Preschool is an Early Childhood center serving ages 12 months through 6 years. We have three Preschool/KG classrooms and one Lifeways (Toddler) classroom. We are situated on a beautiful one+ acre farm with chickens, goats, rabbits, biodynamic and organic gardens and fruit trees. Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten, founded in 1998, is a full member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) and serves approximately 60 children each year.
Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten seeks an Early Childhood Teacher for our After Care program beginning in February 2022. The program includes lunch, rest and outdoor play.
Qualified candidates have their Early Childhood Professional III, Credential 2.0 per the Colorado Department of Human Services as well as some level of Waldorf Early Childhood or Lifeways background.
Primary Function: To carry out the classroom duties in accordance to methods and practices as indicated by WECAN and AWSNA and Waldorf Education; to nurture, protect and guide the children in their development through imitation of domestic, practical and artistic activities, through love and warmth, rhythm, and free, imaginative play. The Afternoon Teacher is responsible for carrying out the pedagogical duties of the classroom.
Hours: Noon – 4:15pm Monday through Friday
The ideal candidate will have Waldorf training and/or experience and enjoy working with young children ages two-and-a-half to six. Ideal candidates are able to work well with colleagues and parents and have an appreciation for the importance of a soothing, nurturing and supportive afternoon rest time for young children.
• Bringing in children’s bedding and lunches from cubbies
• Setting up mats and bedding for rest time
• Joining children at table during lunch
• Reading stories and singing songs while children fall asleep and rest
• Planning of each day, carrying out of the classroom program and activities and in the classroom management and supervision of the class
• Classroom management and day-to-day responsibilities according to the principles of Waldorf Education.
• Present seasonal songs, stories and puppetry
• Maintain general order, cleanliness and aesthetics in classroom and campus
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.