First Grade Class Teacher
Class Teacher Position Description:
DVWS Class Teachers carry the year-long program for their class of students. First Grade teachers work to create a class culture of kindness and learning by introducing many foundational experiences for the young child.
Class teachers collaborate with Subject Teachers to coordinate a well-rounded and integrated experience for the students. Subject classes include: Handwork, Music, Games, Farming/Gardening, Folk Dancing and Foreign Language.
- Understand and develop lesson plans according to Waldorf curriculum and developmental guidelines appropriate to the level of the students.
- Prepare grade appropriate activities, field trips and a class play as well as festival activities.
- Prepare a curriculum overview for parent orientation at the beginning of the school year, student reports and conduct parent/teacher conferences and class meetings
Expectations of All Employees:
- Work collegially with coworkers. Treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Be willing to work through conflicts when they arise.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Experience teaching elementary grade level/s.
- Love and respect for the developing child.
- Interest in an understanding of child development from the Anthroposophical view.
Class Teachers are Full Time EXEMPT employees.
Annual training and enrichment benefit
To Apply email a cover letter and resume to:
Marianne Fieber, Administrator
Your application has been successfully submitted.