Grade School Apprentice Teacher
Position Open: Grade School Apprentice Teacher
Circle of Seasons Charter School, a Public Waldorf Methods School, seeks a caring, enthusiastic Grade School Apprentice Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
This position will provide a unique opportunity to gain Public Waldorf exposure and classroom experience in the Pedagogical Lead Teacher's classroom. This position will aid in the management of the class, provide academic support during Main Lesson, and have the opportunity to deliver instruction during the Afternoon Lesson periods each afternoon and in Main Lesson periodically throughout the school year.
This position will allow a teacher who shows interest in becoming a class teacher, but who has little practice in the pedagogy a setting to gain hands-on practice and the training necessary to become a successful Public Waldorf classroom teacher. The Apprentice Teacher will have an opportunity to observe best practices in classroom instruction and education reform from the Pedagogical Lead while also becoming familiar with Circle of Seasons' curriculum, faculty, and community.
Come join us at the only Public Waldorf Charter School in the northeast! Circle of Seasons is a public Waldorf K-8 school located on a 35-acre wooded campus, overlooking the beautiful Lehigh Valley. In close proximity to both outdoor recreation opportunities (less than 15 miles from the Appalachian Trail and 12 miles from local skiing), the Lehigh Valley offers robust art, music, theater, restaurant, and social amenities. An asset to our community, Circle of Seasons offers Waldorf education in the public setting with excited and committed families from all over the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
At Circle of Seasons we recognize the value, importance, and challenges that come with attracting and meeting the needs of diverse populations. Candidates for consideration should be enthusiastic, joyful, warm and motivated. We value candidates that possess a deep understanding of child development and a caring disposition. We are eager to welcome to our team a colleague committed to building strong collegial and family relationships and one who is committed to self-development.
Our curriculum includes Fiber and Manual Arts, Games and Movement, Gardening, Music, German, French, and Spanish. Our faculty engages in on-going professional development, working collaboratively and individually to develop skill in designing instruction and creating classroom experiences that build caring communities.
• Waldorf training and experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for Waldorf Education
• Pennsylvania Teacher Certification in Elementary Education (preferred)
• 1-3 years of teaching experience (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Dedication to excellence in teaching
• Confident classroom presence; strong social and communication skills
• Interest in interdisciplinary teaching, integrating music, drama, visual arts, and creative movement
• Work cooperatively with the Pedagogical Lead to co-teach, provide afternoon coverage, and lead periodic main lesson blocks
• Work closely with the Pedagogical Lead to design curriculum that integrates Pennsylvania Common Core Standards with art, movement, and nature experiences
• Collaborate with team members to facilitate interdisciplinary instruction that is inclusive of all learners
• Communicate with families to build relationships
• Participate in on-going professional development and COS classroom observation and evaluation plan
• Maintain a positive learning environment that is safe, joyful, and nurturing
By the end of the year, it is anticipated that the Apprentice Teacher would be a very strong candidate for a class teacher position.
Hours are 8:00 - 4:00 Monday through Friday. Meetings, open house events, and festivals outside of these hours may require your attendance.
The salary for this position is $40,000 and includes participation in the 403b retirement plan and healthcare benefits.
Background clearances, physical examination and TB test will be required.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for working with children, strong self-direction, musical and artistic inclinations, and developed sense of themselves as educators working with children.
Please forward a letter of interest, resume, and statement of your personal philosophy of education to
Kim McFarland at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Circle of Seasons Charter School is a public school under the Supervision of the Commonwealth and equal opportunity employer. Circle of Seasons Charter School fully supports a policy of equal employment opportunity in all job classifications and this encompasses recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, transfer, dismissal, compensation, and training of all personnel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.