.5 FTE French Teacher & .5 Grade 2 Co-Teacher
1.0 (FTE) TEACHER - .5 FRENCH & .5 CO-TEACHER
Full-time, contract; French & Grade 2 Co-teacher
Join a strong team of experienced and engaged teachers and administrative staff at Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC. We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced full-time teacher to be split as a .5 French language teacher and to teach .5 (FTE) in Grade 2 for the rest of the 21/22 School Year. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its’ faculty professional development, a balanced lifestyle with summer and school holiday breaks, and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on contracted hours). Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to email@example.com
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified BC teacher (or be eligible to apply for a BC licence) with a bachelor’s degree of their Speciality or equivalent post-secondary graduation, diploma and/or technical certificate.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience, Fluent in French language.
• A Canadian citizen and/or eligible to work in Canada with a current Criminal Record Check.
• Professional with excellent communication and collaborative skills, with the ability to foster team-based relationships with students, parents and other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or may be willing to become Waldorf teacher trained is a plus.
• A second teachable subject is an asset to combine for full-time positions.
Whistler Waldorf School offers all teachers and staff:
• Competitive salary based on relevant education and work experience.
• Comprehensive compensation package including health benefits, life/disability insurance, pension support, etc.
• Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing education experiences.
• Partial tuition remission for those with children may wish to attend the school.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler is located north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, mountain lakes and an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
*Please Note: Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.