Grade 3/4 Co-Teacher (.25 FTE)
.25 (FTE) GRADE 3/4 CO- TEACHER
Do you love working with children & youth? Would you like to further your teaching career in Waldorf education?
Whistler Waldorf School (WWS) in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Lower School Grades Teacher immediately to fill the position of .25 (FTE) Grade 3/4 Co-teacher. This position is part-time, contract starting as soon as possible. The teacher is responsible for delivering a developmentally appropriate curriculum to the class based on an understanding of child development through anthroposophy, and creating a balance of thinking, feeling and willing activities in every teaching day. The ideal candidate will possess a strong initiative to continue to develop in the curricular specialty areas and a commitment to learn more about the developmental stage of the class, through research, training, professional development, and self-study.
This position offers successful candidates:
• Competitive wages in-line with public education positions, depending on proven experience and education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-K to Grade 12 programs)
• An inspiring and creative work environment with mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and community/group teaching opportunities.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified (or be eligible to apply for a license) to practice teaching with a BC Teaching Certificate (through the BC Ministry of Ed.’s teacher regulation branch), with a Bach. of Ed. or equivalent university graduation.
• Excellent professional and collaborative skills with the ability to foster professional relationships between teacher & parents and work well with other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• An open mind towards different approaches to education and a commitment to self-development with an openness to feedback.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or have a willingness to become Waldorf teacher trained is a plus.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience; a French language speciality &/or teachable subject is a plus.
• Canadian citizenship/residency or be legally entitled to work in Canada &/or apply for a work permit.
Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *Please note: WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler is located about one-and-a-half-hour drive north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, five beautiful mountain lakes, an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
Your application has been successfully submitted.