This job is no longer accepting applications.
2021-22 School Year
Portland Waldorf School is seeking a part-time High School Choir Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The teacher will work with HS school students who choose choir as their elective during their 2 lessons per week music class.
Successful teachers are expected to have experience working with adolescents, be adept at teaching to a wide range of student abilities and have strong classroom management skills. It is preferred that candidates have Waldorf teaching experience.
Job Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Teaching two Choir classes per week to HS students, including taking attendance, managing classroom behavior, and grading assignments
• Select appropriate music for the class in consultation with the music director
• Arrange parts as necessary
• Grading - a calculated grade (High School) and personalized comment for each student are due at the end of each term - in January and June
• Attend department, section, committee, all-section, and in-service meetings as requested
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve 280 students in Early Childhood through 12th grade on a beautiful seven-acre campus.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate of $40/class for two classes per week during the school year and $15.00/hour for meetings. Benefits offered include paid sick time per Oregon state law. Please send resume, letter of interest, and three professional references including phone and email (in PDF format) to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.