Lead Early Childhood Teacher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
River Song is seeking to hire a full-time Early Childhood Teacher.
River Song is a non-profit Waldorf early childhood center nestled in the foothills of northern Colorado. River Song offers mixed-age preschool classes for children 2 ½ - 5 years of age, as well as a kindergarten class for children 5-7 years. We are adjacent to natural areas, which include a local green space we’ve dubbed ‘the forest’, as well as ‘Grandmother Willow’ on the Spring Creek Trail; a wonderful source for water play, discovery and observation of wildlife and seasonal change. River Song is a full member of WECAN.
One of our beloved teachers is leaving us to have a baby in mid-March and are looking for the right individual to take over as lead for one of our early childhood classrooms.
Expectations, Skills and Responsibilities
River Song prides ourselves on the love and care our team of teachers has for one another. We truly are a family and work to support each other both professionally and personally. Our Board of Trustees understands that without a strong staff, we cannot succeed and therefore, puts our faculty at the forefront with decision-making.
The ideal candidate will:
● Have completed their Waldorf ECE training, or be in the process of completing the program.
● Is ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado.
● Have experience leading a classroom of preschool-aged children.
● Create a rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and crafts that foster the growth and development of the children.
● Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the Waldorf pedagogy.
● Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children, even in inclement weather.
● Demonstrate warmth, compassion and clarity in working with both children and adults.
● Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to coworkers and parents alike.
● Observe and care for our children’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being.
● Work cohesively with the assistant teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children.
● Contribute to faculty meetings and festivals.
River Song runs year-round, though we offer ample time off throughout the year to give teachers the opportunity for rest and rejuvenation. Paid time off around the holidays (including Thanksgiving, 2 weeks for winter break, and a week for spring break) as well as additional paid vacation/sick time are included. Lead teachers are salaried at 40 hrs per week with in-class hours typically 7:30-2:00, Monday-Friday.
Salary is commensurate on education and experience.
• Free tuition
• Health insurance
• Paid training opportunities for on-going professional development as well as towards Waldorf ECE certification.
"River Song is commended upon the harmonious relationships visible among the staff. This is a happy building with happy teachers and children. The teachers' enjoyment of one another and commitment to support each other's work is palpable." ~ From our recent WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) site visit report.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please contact Becky via email or phone with any questions. (970) 407-9185. The position will ideally begin in March to allow time to shadow our current teacher prior to her maternity departure.
Learn more about River Song at www.riversongwaldorf.org
River Song Waldorf School
900 E. Stuart St.
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Your application has been successfully submitted.