Grade School Mandarin Teacher - Part Time
This position is .5FTE.
The San Francisco Waldorf Grade School is seeking a part time Mandarin Teacher to start in August 2022.
The San Francisco Waldorf School was founded in 1979 and serves more than 450 students across a parent-child program, a nursery program, kindergarten, and the first through twelfth grades. Our grade school campus (nursery through eighth grade) is in the Pacific Heights neighborhood and is easily accessible via Muni lines.
The part time Mandarin Teacher will be an experienced grade school language teacher who demonstrates fluency and knowledge of the Mandarin language as well as cultural traditions. A love of teaching and a knowledge of or interest in Waldorf education is required.
The Mandarin Teacher will be responsible for approximately 9-10 teaching periods per week in addition to recess and other duties on campus.
· Preparation for classes (including preparation/clean-up of the classroom as necessary)
· Constant evaluation of student progress
· Discipline during class
· Preparation of a syllabus for the students
· Daily attendance
· Provide a narrative evaluation for each student at the end of the year. The narrative evaluations are to be turned into the office one week after the end of the year.
· Recess supervision
· Subject Teacher meeting attendance
· Parent conferences
· Remote/online teaching may be required.
· Waldorf Teacher Training
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Enthusiasm and flexibility
· Professional personal presentation
· Singing and proficiency with an instrument would be an asset
This is a .5FTE, part-time, salaried position. Benefits include dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending plans, retirement plan (employer contributions begin after one year of employment), and pro-rated (based on .5FTE) tuition remission for eligible dependents in our N-12 program (Staff fees apply). There is no medical insurance. Salaries are paid on a 12-month schedule.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
· Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
· Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Faculty; exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: January 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.