Part-Time High School Science Teacher
Part-Time High School Science Teacher
Semester 1 - 2022-2023 School Year
Halton Waldorf School is now seeking a part-time high school science teacher to join the faculty of the young and growing high school that is graduating its first grade 12 class in June 2022. The position starting in August, is for courses offered in the first semester of the 2022-2023 school year.
An ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in their discipline and experience teaching secondary school students. Additional education including Waldorf high school training and/or a master’s degree are preferred.
Our teachers have a desire to work with adolescents, are adept at teaching to a wide range of student abilities and have strong classroom management skills. Teaching responsibilities for the advertised positing include the Grade 9 Science and the Grade 12 Physics courses, in the first semester, as outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Our high school teachers work enthusiastically and energetically to engage their students, and work collaboratively with their colleagues and the parent community to create an educational environment that is aligned with the school mission and program goals. We are searching for a new colleague that will build on this team that is striving towards a school worthy of emulation.
Note – the successful candidate may be required to teach remotely using Zoom and/or Google Classroom during the COVID-19 pandemic, as needed.
About Our School:
Founded in 1984, we are an independent, accredited Waldorf School serving students and their families from birth to high school. The Halton Waldorf School provides students with a place to grow intellectually, artistically, and socially. Our high school offers our students small classes sizes (maximum 20) and our graduates the Ontario Ministry of Education Graduation Diploma for University and College entrance along with our Waldorf High School Diploma.
Every day our faculty and administration serve a vibrant and diverse community of over two hundred students and their families. Our main campus is located on five forested acres in northeast Burlington, close to the natural wonders of the Niagara Escarpment and the shores of Lake Ontario. The new home of our high school will open in September 2022 and is located just a 5-minute walk from the main campus in an established residential neighbourhood with parks, walking paths, ravine, and Bronte creek. We are committed to providing a healthy, beautiful sustainable environment that supports the pedagogical mission of the school.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in required. Master’s degree in Education or subject area preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years teaching experience. Waldorf teaching/training or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- An understanding and appreciation of adolescents.
- Competence in teaching, classroom management and related responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a strong personal work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the community including teachers, administrators, parents, and students.
- A commitment to continued learning, e.g., Waldorf and general educational trends, research-based learning models, educational technology, curriculum development, learning standards, DEIB and current best practices.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, core values, and strategic plan of our school.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Criminal Record Check:
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing employment.
Commitment to Equity:
The Halton Waldorf School is committed to equitable hiring practices. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Caitlyn Byford, Human Resources and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.