This job is no longer accepting applications.
Woodland Charter School is a public Waldorf charter school located in the beautiful Siskiyou Mountains in Murphy, Oregon. We have an opening for a Class Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. We seek an excellent teacher to join our dynamic faculty. We offer a competitive public school teacher salary with annual step increases, and a benefits package that includes; paid sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage, the Oregon PERS pension plan, and paid professional development.
Our school, which opened in October 2012 with 60 students, expects an enrollment of around 180 students in September 2022 in grades 1- 8, with a class size limit of 25. Our public Waldorf curriculum includes Main Lesson, Handwork, PE, and Gardening. We are in the third year of our internal Student Support Program which provides academic assistance to all students in the school in both reading and math.
In wonderful southwest Oregon, the living is still affordable, the land is beautiful and varied, and the climate is mild. The Siskiyou mountain range offers many accessible moderate to higher peaks, and our vibrant local three rivers system (the Rogue, Applegate, and Illinois Rivers) offer a variety of activities for water enthusiasts, with the Pacific coast nearby. Biodynamic and organic farms abound in this temperate zone, and we have many farmers in our school community. We are located an hour from the Pacific Crest Trail and about two hours from Crater Lake, Mt. Shasta, Stout Redwood Grove, and the California and Oregon coasts.
We are seeking a competent, imaginative, and joyful class teacher to join our wonderful faculty, one who will be a collaborative colleague. Class teachers at Woodland Charter School loop with their students for two or more years.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with an education-related major
- Waldorf teaching certification or commitment to enroll in an approved training program
- Oregon teaching license or charter school registration
- Enthusiastic, creative, and loving with students
- Ability to work well with colleagues, administration, and parents
- Competitive pay and benefit package
- Step pay increases related to continuing experience and education
- Mentorship program
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pension plan through the state of Oregon
- Professional resume
- Short biography/cover letter
- 3 Professional references
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Your application has been successfully submitted.