Grade School Teacher
Established in 1971, the Vancouver Waldorf School offers school programs from Parent and Tot through to Grade 12. Our school operates under a transparent, fair and equitable governance structure through a College of Teachers that effectively empowers faculty to participate in the running of the school and through a Board of Trustees with fiduciary responsibilities.
Waldorf education has been growing steadily in the Pacific Northwest of North America, and the Vancouver Waldorf School is one of several Waldorf schools in the region. Based on the insights of scientist and philosopher Dr. Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925), Waldorf schools have developed into an international movement with over 2,000+ schools worldwide. North America hosts 250 Waldorf Schools including 40 High Schools.
Title of position: Class Teacher
The Grades Class teacher has a passion for Waldorf education and inspiring a love of learning in children and youth. Key qualities are strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment across departments. With the responsibility of carrying a class of up to 30 students, the successful candidate will have excellent class management and organizational skills. Grade assignment (1-8) will be determined upon hiring.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- lesson planning & classroom preparation;
- teaching main lesson;
- teaching track classes; and
- report writing.
The Class teacher will also be responsible for:
- attendance at faculty meetings;
- school liaison for parents;
- facilitating parent evenings;
- attendance at all school events; and
- filling in as a substitute teacher in other classrooms, if needed.
Terms of employment: permanent, full-time
Benefits: Extended medical and dental after 3 months of employment; pension match after 1 year.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- Must hold or be able to obtain BC Teacher Certification;
- Bachelor's Degree
- Waldorf Training Certificate
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Exceptional communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience with the Waldorf method.
Location of work: North Vancouver, BC
Contact information: 604-985-7435; hrc @ vws.ca
Salary: $43,000.00 to $62,800.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,000.00-$62,800.00 per year
View public job page
Your application has been successfully submitted.