Early Childhood Lead Teacher
Our early childhood program is growing and we are adding a second preschool classroom to our vibrant Kinderhaus!
We are seeking a Lead Early Childhood Teacher starting in the summer of 2022. Join our growing community in the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley.
We are a well established, 30 year old school who was founded with generosity and diversity in mind. Our beautiful campus is located on 13 acres land with river access. We are a full member of ASWNA as well as WECAN, serving families from parent-child classes through eighth grade. Our early childhood programs include a toddler class, a younger preschool, and two mixed age kindergartens. Our early childhood team is currently made up of five lead teachers, six full time assistant teachers, and three part time assistant teachers. Working together in unison has been a critical component of the success of our programs. We seek an organized, skillful communicator who works well with colleagues and parents, and who sees childhood as a time of great opportunity and fun!
The ideal candidate will have completed their Early Childhood Waldorf teacher training and have multiple years of experience in a Waldorf early childhood classroom. The selected candidate will have the ability to meet the State of Colorado’s licensing requirements including yearly professional development, as well as pass the required background checks.
Summary of Lead Teacher responsibilities:
- Giving warmth, care, and love to the children while working in a healthy partnership with the assistant teachers
- Bringing developmentally appropriate Waldorf curriculum and rhythm to the children
- Fostering each child’s growth through observation, self-development, and artistic Waldorf teaching practices
- Conducting enrollment interviews with families and offering home visits for each new childhood
- Cultivating strong relationships with parents through regular communication, parent-teacher conferences, and parent meetings
- Participate in weekly early childhood as well as faculty meetings
- After first year of teaching, serve on at least one school committee
This is a full time salaried position with full benefits and tuition remission. The base salary for the 2022-23 school year is $57,000 plus additional pay based on the number of years worked in a Waldorf classroom.
We look forward to discussing further details with interested and qualified candidates. Please send your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three references to Sigrid Fischbacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WSRF embraces the opportunity to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.