Green Meadow Waldorf School (GMWS) is seeking an experienced Communications Manager. The Communications Manager works closely with the Administrator and Director of Operations to develop and implement a broad, comprehensive, and strategic communications plan designed to promote Green Meadow Waldorf School across multiple channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Balance a sustained communications strategy with the capacity to respond effectively to unexpected events, working with the Administrator and Director of Operations on crisis management and public relations, in order to keep the school community informed with clear and timely updates, as appropriate.
- Support all staff/faculty/parent leadership in the area of messaging and maintain awareness of the impact of all communications (intended and unintended) on the integrity of the school’s brand
- Create and direct a comprehensive publications program - concept, design, content, editorial, and production for communications) that reaches and influences the school’s target audiences (Press releases, publications, Administrator letters, e-blasts newsletters, blogs, etc.)
- Manage updates for the school’s website and photo/video library
- Develop and maintain communication standards and calendar for the school (timeliness, frequency, methodologies, etc.).
- Cultivate and maintain working relationships between GMWS and the media as well as other key organizations (partner websites such as Niche etc.)
- Supervise professional consultants contracted to address communication goals.
- Create, distribute, and analyze periodic surveys of stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and capacities, professional experience, and educational background:
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated strength in editing content, copyediting for grammar and style, and meticulous proofreading
- Skillful writer and editor, with a strong capacity to identify stories in service to overarching communications strategy and institutional narrative, along with visual competency in print and digital design and effective use of photography, graphics and video.
- Deadline-driven, with excellent organizational skills, including facility in accurately estimating the time needed to complete a job or project
- Results-driven and mission-driven: energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with strong service orientation.
- Cultural competence and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with diverse audiences that include a range of perspectives across varied constituencies —parents, alumnae, faculty, staff, grandparents, alumni parents, prospective families, neighborhood residents, and the press.
- Detail-oriented, responsive, and extremely organized; able to manage a high volume of communications activities while prioritizing effectively and meeting necessary deadlines.
- Able to artfully and rapidly devise and execute strategic, timely, and rapid responses in a crisis communication situation.
- Expertise in public relations, working with the press and outside consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, marketing, or communications.
- Minimum five years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Experience in independent schools or not-for-profit preferred
- Press releases
- Administrator letters
- e-blasts newsletters
- Website updates
- Parent handbook
- Copy for social media posts
- Design and manage stakeholder surveys
- Seven Days
- Weekly Word
- Community Education Series
- Communications Calendar
- Message sequencing
- Crisis Management Strategy
- Job postings
Please submit resume and cover letter to Shawnette Henry at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.