This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Aftercare Director is an .80 FTE faculty position at the San Francisco Waldorf Grade School directing and coordinating the Kindergarten and Grades 1-6 afterschool program.
Waldorf Education is the fastest growing independent school movement in the world. This dynamic, 100-year-old approach to child development and education—based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner—is continually reinventing itself to meet the needs of current students. Waldorf education inspires life-long learning in students and enables them to fully develop their unique capacities.
The San Francisco Waldorf School (SFWS) was founded in 1979 and serves more than 450 students across a parent-child program, a nursery program, kindergarten, and the first through twelfth grades. The grade school campus is in the Pacific Heights neighborhood and is easily accessible via Muni lines.
● Interview, hire and manage all hourly aftercare staff, providing mentorship and guidance. Communicate duties clearly, offering clear feedback in a positive way
● Manage attendance, registration, parent communication. Update weekly class lists for staff and lower grade/kindergarten teachers
● Contact parents when issues arise with their children, keep class teachers informed
● Oversee substitution when staff are out
● Maintain the aftercare room: keep it clean, organized, tidy and welcoming. Prepare seasonal displays.
● Supervise children during aftercare hours. Have an overall awareness of what is happening and where. Be ready to step in to deal with situations as they arise.
● Responsible for waiting beyond 5:30 with late pick-up children if necessary. Once all children are gone, tour the indoor and outdoor aftercare areas, including the library and kindergarten kitchen, to make sure everything is tidy, clean and ready for the next day.
● Plan and coordinate both February and Spring Camps: Ensure registration forms go out ahead of time, manage sign ups and staffing, send Camp Overview to all parents before camp begins.
● Manage budget and supplies for the Aftercare program, including snacks and craft supplies. Help aftercare staff plan craft activities
● Plan and help prepare daily snacks, track allergies and food restrictions of participants
● Coordinate campus space use with faculty and staff
● Track and manage billing via EZcare; coordinate payments with the Business Office
● Supervise street and Grade School recess duties as needed
● Facilitate weekly aftercare staff meetings
Hours: Monday through Friday from approximately 11:00am to 6:00pm
School Year: Faculty members are expected to be available to work on assigned teaching days from the start of the school year until the end as defined by the all-school calendar. Faculty members are expected to be in town and available for meetings, starting mid-August with the all-school faculty meetings and to be in town and available for end of year meetings, the week after 8th grade graduation.
● Waldorf Teacher Training desired
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● First Aid and CPR certification
● Experience working with Kindergarten through 6th grades
This is a .80 FTE position. Benefits include medical, dental, voluntary vision, flexible spending plans, retirement plan (employer contributions after one year of employment), and prorated tuition remission for eligible dependents. Salaries are paid on a 12-month schedule.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
● Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Faculty; Exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: February 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.