Lower School Class Teachers
Summerfield is hiring fully-trained Waldorf class teachers for the 2022-2023 school year! We are seeking candidates who are dedicated to Waldorf Education, inspired in their work, enthusiastic for the challenge, and wish to work deeply out of anthroposophy!
Summerfield is a vibrant preschool through high school community with large class sizes, an invested and supportive parent body, warm and engaged colleagues, seasoned mentor teachers, a working biodynamic farm and an incredible 40-acre campus! We strive to educate the whole child through a rich program that includes practical arts, circus, movement, agriculture, music, social inclusion, artistic work, an active festival life and more. Our students love coming to school every day as much as their teachers do!
The School (est. 1974) is located in beautiful Sonoma County, just 60 miles north of San Francisco. We enjoy an idyllic Mediterranean climate with springtime fields of wildflowers, hot summers cooled by ocean fog, autumn light falling on harvest colors, and wet, green winters. Sonoma County is home to ancient redwood forests, stands of mighty oak, and scenic, rugged coastlines.
Picturesque orchards, vineyards, and dairies abound. Many of our hills and mountains are still truly wild and offer hikers and bikers miles of trails to explore. Sonoma County has also become a haven for food enthusiasts, offering some of the best restaurants and wines in the world. Many local farmers are using organic and Biodynamic methods, with their bounties found in our markets and restaurants. This is the setting our students and families enjoy!
Please email your letter of intention and resume to Michelle Bovard, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com. Please also include three professional references (with phone numbers), at least two of whom have seen you teach.
Physical Requirements for Employees at SWSF:
• Summerfield is both a school and farm. Though we do have paved pathways between various buildings, many pathways are unpaved and rough. Some have steep inclines and declines, steps and holes.
• Employees must have the ability to:
• Stand and walk on various-density and uneven surfaces for extended periods of time and significant lengths;
• Sit for extended periods of time, both in chairs and on the floor;
• Use a computer for extended periods of time;
• Squat, stoop and/or bend over;
• Reach overhead, grasp, push/pull up to 35 pounds for short distances;
• Lift and carry up to 45 lbs. at waist height for short distances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.