Instrumental Music Director (Lower School)
The Washington Waldorf School is seeking an Instrumental Music Director to direct our strings program for grades 4-8, beginning July 2022.
We are seeking candidates with a background in violin or cello who is Waldorf trained or has a strong interest in Waldorf pedagogy.
This is a part time (50%) salaried position. “Sick and Safe” leave is provided on a pro-rated basis, but no other benefits are provided.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Music teaching experience, including experience working with students with a variety of learning styles and skill levels. Experience teaching grade 4-8 students is preferred.
· Knowledge of strings pedagogy and conducting.
· A commitment to work as a team with all faculty members.
· Training in Waldorf education or a strong interest in Waldorf Pedagogy.
Primary responsibilities of the Instrumental Music Director include the following:
· Teach eight string classes per week in grades 4-8 and develop associated curriculum. Classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 11:00am-3:00pm.
· Attend Music Faculty meeting on Wednesdays at 10:00am.
· Attend Full Faculty back to school meetings (late August).
· Attend Lower School/Full Faculty meetings on Tuesdays from 3:30pm-5:30pm.
· Class observations once a month from 8:30am-10:30am (Flexible Days).
· Communicate with parents about the music program and address specific needs and concerns as they arise.
· Write mid-year and year-end reports on student progress.
Teachers without Waldorf certification may be required to participate in additional professional development. All students are encouraged to receive private instruction in addition to the music program at our school.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty and lively community, please email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.