Early Childhood Part -Time Assistant Morning Teacher (2-3 year olds)
Early Childhood Part-Time Morning Assistant Teacher
We are seeking an assistant teacher to support our Children’s Garden, 2-3 year olds program, beginning with the 2022-2023 school year.
This is a part-time hourly position from 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Morning Assistants will have periodic meetings to attend at the start and end of the school year, and will also meet regularly with the lead teacher in their assigned classroom. Opportunities to substitute in Children’s Garden classes at other times may be possible. “Sick & Safe” leave is provided on a pro-rated basis, but no other benefits are provided.
Primary duties include:
- Assisting the Children’s Garden lead teacher in classroom set up and clean up, class activities including cooking of daily meals, and supervising the children. The assistant will also be helping with the diaper changing and toileting needs of the children.
Requirements for the position include:
- Experience working with young children.
- Familiarity or strong interest in Waldorf education
- Ability to meet Maryland Office of Child Care licensing requirements, including completion of yearly continuing education credits, and ability to pass a comprehensive Maryland criminal background check.
- Completion of OCC 90 hour training or equivalent. WWS provides assistance for the 90 hour course fees for new hires.
- A bachelor’s degree and training in Waldorf early childhood education are preferred. Otherwise, we seek an assistant who is enthusiastic, energetic, and patient, with a strong commitment to Waldorf education and a desire to grow as a teacher.
To apply please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn. Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.