The Emerson Waldorf School is seeking the Full-Time Equivalent of 1.5 positions to further implement a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses:
- personal/social development for 5th-12th grade students through building trusting relationships with students
- short-term social/emotional support and counseling referrals for students
- crisis intervention when necessary
- post-secondary guidance counseling for 11th and 12th students
- implementation of 9th-12th grade educational support plans
These needs could be met in several different scenarios, including:
- a full-time school counselor who oversees the social/emotional support of the 5th-12th grade students AND a half-time HS counselor who oversees the post-secondary guidance counseling and educational support
- a full-time high school counselor who oversees the 9th-12th grade social/emotional support and educational support as well as the 11th-12th grade post-secondary guidance counseling AND a half-time 5th-8th grade school counselor who oversees social/emotional support
Qualification: Minimum of a Master’s degree in a counseling program; current North Carolina counseling license.
Preference: Previous counseling experience with middle school and/or high school students.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes medical insurance. Tuition remission is provided for full-time faculty/staff children.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty, please email a resume and cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.