Middle School Student Support Teacher
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork is hiring a part time Middle School Support teacher to partner with our current Learning Support Team members to form the Learning Support Department. The Learning Support Teachers work collaboratively with the faculty, administration and is part of an educational support team, which includes the Care Group. This individual is expected to perform the following functions:
- Work with class teachers to support individual students in need of extra learning assistance.
- Design, implement, and report on individual Student Support Plans for children.
- Provide remedial support to individual or group of students.
- Regularly assess and report on individual Student Support Plans.
- Coordinating Student Support schedule
- Refer students when appropriate for outside support
- Daily/Individualized lesson planning
- Observe, assesses, screen students as needed
- Co-working with class teachers
- Observation—individual students or class
- Assist and mentor class teacher and student with accommodations and modifications in the classroom
- Technology support for student and teachers regarding accommodations and modifications
- Parent conferences & evenings as needed
- Faculty meeting
- Care group/School committees
- Consultation—formal and informal meetings
- Student study
- Interpret outside provider’s documents
- Implementation and communication of accommodations and modifications
- Professional development—offer education/training in Learning Support resources and information
- Referrals for outside service providers
- Co-working with class teachers on a regular basis
Assessment & Screening
- New student process- assess student, meet with parents and teacher, present data, make recommendations for support if needed.
- Necessary grade level assessment (K, 2, 5, 7) and compile reports for each individual student
- Coordinate/attend outside testing processes—IEP, ISP, 504, Transfer,etc
- Individual referrals
- Yearly assessments for students receiving support
- On going progress monitoring
- Student study
- Individual Student Support Plans
- Departmental meetings
- Care group
- Evaluation/mentor/talking partner
- Parent conferences/parent communication
- Parent evenings
- Written reports
Current teaching license with CDE
Special Education/Remedial teaching experience
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
Experience with Waldorf Education helpful, but not necessary
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork (WSRF) is located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado close to Aspen. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year with a dedicated faculty, robust student body, supportive board and a comprehensive preschool through 8th grade Waldorf curriculum.
WSRF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://waldorfschoolrf.com/employment-1/middle-school-student-support-teacher
Your application has been successfully submitted.