Part Time School Counselor
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork (WSRF) is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Part-Time School Counselor. The School Counselor will work closely to support pre K-8th grade students and parents while working collaboratively to support teachers and administrative efforts to ensure the delivery of a high quality Waldorf education.
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork is looking for someone who has a demonstrated commitment to the development and health of the whole child, recognizing the importance of mental health and wellness as one component of the developing human being. The ideal candidate will be open, welcoming, and engaging toward others and will lead by active involvement in the life of the school.
The School Counselor will have the ability to focus on the social and emotional health of the students while also working to create a healthy culture in the school.
Responsibilities of the School Counselor
- work with school faculty and staff to develop plans for maintaining the well-being of individual students and of the student population as a whole
- participation in the Student Support Executive Committee
- collaborate with teaching staff to determine how best to meet individual students' needs
- provide mental health and behavioral counseling to students
- submit referrals to outside agencies as necessary for students' well-being
- complete regular reports for services provided, such as session notes and incident reports
Qualifications for School Counselor
- Master’s Degree in a mental health field required
- knowledge of multiple counseling approaches
- 3+ years of experience working as a counselor with youth
- Flexibility in working with classroom teachers and their students
- Success in working in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to self-manage in a fast paced environment
- Open and supportive of Independent Schools
- Ability to respond promptly and calmly to crisis
- Ability to create and maintain referral list
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathy and sensitivity to others' needs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and dedication
- Experience in restorative practice a plus
- Knowledge of Waldorf school philosophy is a plus.
The Waldorf School on the Roaring Fork (WSRF) is located in the Rocky Mountains of Western Colorado close to Aspen. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year with a dedicated faculty, robust student body, supportive board and a comprehensive preschool through 8th grade Waldorf curriculum.
WSRF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religious affiliation or sexual orientation
For more information and to apply, visit: https://waldorfschoolrf.com/employment-1/part-time-school-counselor
Your application has been successfully submitted.