The Washington Waldorf School is seeking a full-time experienced Music Director who is enthusiastic about teaching music to students of all ages and abilities to run our music program for grades 3-12, beginning July 2022.
We will also consider splitting the position into two positions, and are accepting applicants who are interested in salaried part-time work (excluding the benefits listed below).
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Music teaching experience, including experience working with students with a variety of learning styles and skill levels ranging from 3rd-12th grade.
· Experience teaching choroi flutes and recorders.
· Experience teaching singing.
· A commitment to work as a team with all faculty members.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Training in Waldorf education or a strong interest in Waldorf Pedagogy.
Primary responsibilities of the Instrumental Music Director include the following:
· Teach general music in grades 3-8 twice a week for a total of 12 classes.
· Develop associated curriculum with an emphasis on singing, choroi flutes and recorders, basic music theory, musical games and movement.
· Teach High School Chorus twice a week.
· Teach History Through Music block to the 11th grade (one month block every day during Main Lesson).
· Oversee Lower School Strings program and lead weekly music faculty meetings. (Includes a part-time LS Strings Director and Adjunct Faculty).
· Oversee High School Adjunct Music Faculty (guitar, strings, drumming).
· Attend Full Faculty meetings and Lower School Department Faculty Meetings.
· Serve on the Festivals Committee.
· Communicate with parents about the music program and address specific needs and concerns as they arise.
· Write mid-year and year-end reports on student progress.
Experienced Waldorf music teacher preferred or strong interest in Waldorf education with a willingness to for some intensive training.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits, including full health, life and disability insurance, paid personal and sick & safe leave, dental reimbursement, school sponsored retirement plan and tuition reimbursement for children of full-time salaried employees.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty and lively community, please email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.