Part Time Bookkeeper
Part Time Bookkeeper
Edge Hill Country School is looking for a part time bookkeeper. This position is responsible for the bookkeeping, payroll administration and year end reporting for the school.
- Prepare semi monthly payroll for school employees;
- Complete monthly bookkeeping and assisting with the preparation of financial reports for the Finance Committee and Board of Directors;
- Assist the Full Time Administrator with managing tuition payments and other financial questions that may come up from families;
- Meet with the Finance Committee when requested;
- Complete payments and cheques to contractors and service providers;
- Prepare and assist with the filing of year end reports, including T4s, charitable donation receipts, charity return and other reports as required.
Ideal candidates possess a high school education and a bookkeeping certificate along with experience in one or more of the following areas.
- Bookkeeping and Payroll administration
- QuickBooks Online and Payment Evolution
- Bookkeeping for non for profit and charitable organization
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a collaborative environment alongside a diverse community, resourcefulness, and an ability to be flexible are necessary. Familiarity with Waldorf education and a commitment to working out of Anthroposophy is a plus.
Salary and Hours:
- Part time, Contract position
- Remote work, with video meetings when required
- Year-round bookkeeping position
Points to consider before applying to Edge Hill Country School:
Edge Hill Country School’s Early Childhood Program is recognized by the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN). Edge Hill has experienced extraordinary growth since its founding. Our school space and campus are unconventionally laid out. This situation leads to opportunities for familiarity, much student and staff interaction, and requires a high degree of cultivated and committed camaraderie from all staff members. The benefits are manifold, but those who do not possess strong interpersonal skills may find themselves unable to enjoy the busy atmosphere. Additionally, our school may eventually move from its current site.
Our mission to make Waldorf education accessible to all and the rapid school growth we’ve seen over the past years have cultivated an environment of financial prudence. A degree of resourcefulness and an ability to use simplicity as a tool will be required.
To apply for any of the below positions, please compile a letter of interest and resume, All materials must be included and sent together to email@example.com. Please visit https://edgehillschool.org/our-school/ for more information.
Edge Hill Country School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, familial status, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, or any other characteristic prohibited by provincial or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.