Marketing and Communications Manager
The New Amsterdam School is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our warm and friendly community in the heart of the East Village in Manhattan. The Marketing and Communications Manager is an essential member of the school administration team and is responsible for internal and external communications, social media, branding, online presence, advertising, newsletter and print production, event promotion,contact information management, and general administrative support with admissions/enrollment, and fundraising.
Our school is a small, tight knit, community where everyone pitches in to achieve our goals. We are seeking a team player who is excited about Waldorf education, and enjoys building close relationships with the community. Former Waldorf students are encouraged to apply.
Marketing and Advertising:
- Manage online ads (Google, Facebook, Instagram)
- Manage Social Media accounts, updating regularly to build followership and engagement
- Promote events and admissions through email campaigns using Network for Good
- Promote Annual Fund giving drive on all platforms
- Research and coordinate advertising with parenting resources (magazines, blogs, etc.)
- Liaison with parenting and educational organizations (The Parent’s League of NY, etc.)
- Design posters and promotional materials to be displayed or distributed
- Work with community members to assist with design work when needed
- Track marketing data (website users, advertising strategies, etc.)
- Connect with feeder schools, sister Waldorf schools, Parent and Alumni groups
- Schedule and lead monthly marketing meeting with community Marketing Committee
- Takes photo and video to be used in branding materials
- With School Director, organize and host School Tour events and Open Houses for prospective parents.
- Coordinate with teachers and staff to support retention and re-enrollment of current families
- Promote and assist with events, speakers, festivals, panels, etc.
- Track inquiries and event attendees for follow up
- Manage all internal and external communications including email, text message, and print materials from the school
- Maintain contact lists for individual classes and groups as well as greater contact management system and fundraising pool
- Coordinate extra-curricular program enrollment (Summer Camp, Afterschool Classes, Parent-Child Classes, Lectures and Parent Education, ets.) and communicate with teachers and admin
- Plan and produce posts for blog The Villager for release weekly
- Maintain school website and parent portal through squarespace with up to date information and wording consistent with brand
- Maintain all school calendars
- Friendly and professional point of contact for parent and teacher questions and concerns
- Generates school forms (permission slips, surveys, etc.)
Annual Fund and Fundraisers:
- Help support Annual Fund Campaign and fundraisers by helping to write copy, design letters, print materials, emails, social media, and videos.
- Manage Front Desk when needed.
- Meetings: Attend weekly faculty and staff meetings, one-on-one meetings with the School Director, and a Leadership Council meeting
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and manage quickly changing needs
- Comfort with public speaking, leading tours, and handling Q&As
- Strong familiarity with Google suite including Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- Fluent organizational and computer skills
- Ability to work well with others and address conflict effectively
- Previous knowledge of Waldorf education strongly preferred
- Demonstrated cultural competency commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in private education and beyond
- Eye for design and familiarity with design software like Canva, Photoshop or InDesign
- Skill in photography and videography preferred
Physical Requirements of Work Environment:
- Work at a desk and computer for extended time
- Lead tours of the school (ADA accessible)
- Occasionally accompany parents or students outside for tours or picture taking, including in hot, cold, or wet weather.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to support employees with disabilities in this position
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a full time, year round, exempt salaried position. The salary is $50,000 per year. Benefits include medical insurance, tuition remission, professional development, paid vacation and sick leave. Salaries are competitive and determined based on experience and relevant qualifications. New Amsterdam School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected identities or classifications. More details on our commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism can be found on our website at: https://www.newamsterdamschool.org/dei.
Your application has been successfully submitted.