The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara seeks a part-time Spanish teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The teacher will lead 12 group lessons per week for grades 1-8 with class sizes ranging from 15-25. This teacher is responsible for bringing a grade-specific curriculum in accordance with the principles and methods of Waldorf Education; this includes researching source materials, preparing and effecting daily lessons, and assessing the evolving needs of the students. The lessons should strive to honor the various cultures of the different countries that speak Spanish.
If hired, there are also opportunities for substitute teaching within the school. You will have a mentor who you will meet with before school and during the school year. The Spanish Teacher writes student evaluation reports annually for all students they teach.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Waldorf Teacher Training preferred
- Waldorf Class or World Language teaching experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Spanish native speaker preferred
- Excellent classroom management skills and ability to connect with your students is of vital importance.
To Apply: Please contact Carolyn at Carolyn@waldorfsantabarbara.org with a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Your application has been successfully submitted.