This Grade School position is responsible for teaching movement and games to Grades 1-3. It is shared with another teacher who is responsible for Grades 4-8. The candidate ideally will have a deep understanding of/interest in child development based on the philosophy of Waldorf Education. Additionally, you will be creative in a developmentally-appropriate movement curriculum that encourages enthusiastic and friendly participation and develops self-esteem.
If hired, there are also opportunities for substitute teaching within the school. You will have a mentor who you will meet with before school and during the school year. The Games Teacher writes student evaluation reports annually for all students they teach.
- Waldorf Teacher Training Preferred
- Waldorf Class Teaching Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Training in Spacial Dynamics and/or Bothmer Gymnastics Preferred
- Excellent classroom management skills and ability to connect with your students is of vital importance.
To Apply: Please contact Carolyn at Carolyn@waldorfsantabarbara.org with a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Your application has been successfully submitted.