Grades 1-8 Aftercare Teacher 2022-2023
Marin Waldorf School is seeking an After School Teacher / Coordinator for Grades 1-8 to lead and manage the grades after-school program and related communications teachers and staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Set up for any activities and snack prior to arrival of children.
- Sign students in and out and track attendance carefully. File attendance records with the office at the end of each day.
- Relay messages between parents, teachers, and office staff. The Aftercare Teacher/ Coordinator is the point person for all lead teachers and staff regarding aftercare.
- Coordinate with Music Teachers to maintain an up-to-date schedule and get students to and from lessons.
- Develop a schedule of activities, and monitor homework, activities, and/or games.
- Reset the aftercare classroom(s) after last child has left.
- Sharing bimonthly updates about the program for the school newsletter
Applicants should demonstrate:
- A caring and thoughtful manner with students
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Positive and effective communication skills with parents.
- An ability to work supportively and in collaboration with colleagues
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Belonging
Marin Waldorf School serves approximately 220 students and includes a thriving parent/toddler program, two preschools, two kindergartens, and a full grades program (grades 1-8). Our 10-acre campus includes a beautiful oak grove, a biodynamic garden, a large grass playing field, three separate outdoor play areas for preschool, kindergarten and the grades, as well as a library and a woodwork room. Along with woodwork, handwork, and music (instrumental, orchestral & choir), our expanded curriculum includes physical education, gardening, eurythmy, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Marin Waldorf School is located in the heart of Marin County, California just 30 minutes north of San Francisco. Our county is renowned for its beaches, countryside, and giant Redwood trees. Our unspoiled coastline is protected by thousands of acres of parkland easily accessible for after hours and weekend adventures. MWS is a fully accredited member of AWSNA. To learn more about our school, please visit our website at www.marinwaldorf.org.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience working in an extracurricular or educational program with children aged 6-14
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Has or is currently pursuing a Waldorf Teaching certificate
- Previous Waldorf teaching experience is a plus
Please submit your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) along with three references that we may contact to: email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.