First Grade Classroom Assistant 2022-23
Marin Waldorf School seeks a caring, enthusiastic First Grade Classroom Assistant.
Overview of Position: The primary role of the First Grade Classroom Assistant is to support the Lead Teacher as well as special subject teachers in bringing the program in a living manner to the children while helping maintain a harmonious and orderly classroom. This requires active participation and understanding of the curriculum to meet the children’s needs, as well as close collegial work. It is an opportunity to gain Waldorf classroom experience and to be mentored by a lead teacher.
- Fully trained in Waldorf Education and
- Prior experience teaching in a Waldorf setting
- Familiar with Waldorf education
- Basic understanding of the four lower senses
- At least one year teaching in an early childhood or early grades setting
- Have completed or be willing to complete Waldorf Certification or Waldorf training
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Oversee and assist students during lessons
- Supervise class and individual students when the lead teacher is occupied with other students or work with individual or groups of students when directed by the lead teacher
- Supervise students during recess, snack, or lunchtime periods
- Prepare and maintain classroom supplies and equipment, general cleaning of classroom
- Supervise students outside the classroom when necessary
- Display respect for the lead teacher’s authority
- Use discretion and confidentiality in communication
- Meet regularly with the lead teacher for planning and review of work
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is a part-time, hourly position.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) along with three references that we may contact to: email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.