Care and Front Desk Assistant
The Fellowship Community is seeking an individual to assist our day planners and nurses with daily tasks and provide a warm and supportive “home-like” atmosphere to our members in an adult home setting.
An Intergenerational Care Community settled on 80 acres of farm and forest, 90 minutes north of New York City, the Fellowship Community serves the needs of elder members through the phases of aging, from independent apartment living to more direct care, surrounding, and supporting the individual with a more human approach to care.
- As needed, during lunchtime: Assist members with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transfers, serving, feeding, and transport to and from activities and meals.
- As needed, during lunchtime: Observation and prompt reporting of changes in physical condition, and health status of members to supervisors.
- Respond promptly and positively to member requests for assistance.
- Maintain daily records in accordance with Fellowship policy.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly environment.
- Awareness of emergency procedures.
- Awareness of the location of a member.
- Cooperation and teamwork with the care team, coworkers, and members.
- Answer phone calls and, if needed, transfer calls to the appropriate extension
- Help visitors fill out the "sign-in" book
- Receive packages
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed by the day planner or nurse
- Maintain daily records in accordance with Fellowship policy
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly environment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Reliability and attention to detail are necessary
- Possess the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Respect for others
- Ambitious standards of quality caregiving
- Ability to listen, clear communication
- Physical ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 lbs. while avoiding potential injury
- *COVID-19 VACCINE IS REQUIRED*
Monday and Tuesday from 1:30pm to 7:30pm
Wednesday and Thursday from 10am to 7pm
Paid time off
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.