Swallowtail Waldorf School is currently seeking a Business Manager to start in late June. This position is a member of the senior leadership team and is a strategic partner with the School Director and Board of Trustees. The ideal candidate will be an active and enthusiastic participant on the highly collaborative administrative team, contributing to long-term planning as well as current operations. Areas of responsibility include the financial, accounting, human resource, risk management, facilities, and tuition assistance activities of the school.
Specific Duties Include::
- Provide strategic recommendations to the School Director based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation and revenue/expense analysis.
- Ensure that financial records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; monitor use of all funds. Includes bookkeeping, accounting, and regulatory filing.
- Manage payroll service.
- Coordinate annual and long-term financial planning and budgeting for the school.
- Oversee the annual giving campaign
- Provide financial and planning support for fundraising events such as the annual auction, the Jog-a-Thon, and class fundraisers.
- Manage financial communications with families - annual contracts, tuition assistance, delinquent accounts, etc.
- Prepare and present financial reports and metrics to the School Director, finance committees, Board of Trustees and lending institutions.
- Provide guidance for decisions regarding HR policies and legal compliance and practices.
- Maintain employee files.
- Manage school insurance policies and employee benefits programs.
- Collaborate with the School Director and Facilities Manager on facility maintenance and new capital improvements.
- Manage cash flow effectively, monitor and maintain internal control structure.
- Manage all supplier contracts and grant reporting requirements.
- Occasionally support the administrative office when extra help is needed to assist students, teachers and parents; answer phone calls; greet visitors, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes::
- Experience in finance or accounting (experience in school or other non-profit administration preferred)
- Excel, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Power Point
- BA/BS in business, administration, finance, or a related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- Mature and excellent judgment and sensitivity in managing responsibilities and relationships.
- Personable, positive personality with customer service mindset.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and adapt to frequent changes
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Sensitivity, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- The desire and ability to work collaboratively with all members of the school community
- A ready willingness to accept both positive and constructive feedback, and to be part of a culture that values ongoing professional growth
Hours: Full time, 12 months per year
Salary/Compensation: $50k - $60k annual salary, full tuition remission for all dependents, dental and vision.
Swallowtail school is an associate member of AWSNA and a full member of WECAN . For more information about our school visit our website: www.swallowtailschool.org.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Jessica Foster, School Director, at Jessica@SwallowtailSchool.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.