Director of Auxiliary Programs
Portland Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a Director of Auxiliary Programs for the 2022-23 school year. We are looking for a trained and experienced Waldorf educator, who values collaborative working relations among colleagues, and has confidence in representing Waldorf education to the broader community. This position is responsible for providing care to all students in alignment with the ideals of Waldorf pedagogy.
Oversees all camps, clubs, activities, and childcare offered to PWS lower school students outside of school hours. The Director helps plan developmentally appropriate activities for PWS students (and when appropriate, children from outside the school community) and is responsible for:
- Recruiting, overseeing, and reviewing qualified faculty, including substitutes
- Developing curriculum and seasonal themes for activities
- Shopping for food and crafting supplies
- Working with the PWS Administrative Staff in coordinating registrations/payments and space availability
- Providing timely and accurate information, communications, and support to the Administration to ensure the development of marketing materials
Areas of Responsibility Include:
Summer Camps (EC-Grades):
Held each week of summer between the end of the school year to the beginning of the following school year. Develop curriculum and activities with the faculty, shop for supplies, and manage budget, marketing, registration, and staffing.
Before-care (7:30-8:30am each school day); Early Childhood extended day(3:00-6:00pm each school day) and Grades extended day (3:00-6:00pm each school day) for PWS students. Coordinate staffing and substitutes.
Additional After School Activities and Clubs
Oversee all lower school specialty activities and clubs to serve PWS students (and children from outside the school community). Oversight includes approval and facilitation of clubs and activities such as unicycle, circus, yoga, cooking, etc., as well as marketing, registration, and staffing.
Plan age-appropriate vacation camps and activities for PWS students (and children from outside the school community) during school year vacations, including Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, February Break and Spring Break. Develop curriculum and activities with faculty, order supplies, manage marketing, registrations, and staffing.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate from an AWSNA-accredited training facility desired.
· Waldorf teaching, camp administration, or childcare experience preferred.
As PWS is a state-licensed childcare center, the teachers must ensure the program is in compliance with state regulations at all times:
- Maintain enrolled status in Oregon Central Background Registry
- Hold a current certificate in “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse” training
- Hold a current Food Handler License
- Hold a current Child First Aid and CPR card
- Attend 15 clock hours of ongoing education each year per state licensing requirements
- Abide by all state licensing requirements
This is an exempt .75 year-round salaried position with paid time off, health and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, professional development, and tuition remission benefits. Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Expected Start Date June 1, 2022. To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community, enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. People of color and others who are underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply. We are seeking individuals who have demonstrative a commitment to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.