Golden Bridges School
Evaluation by Faculty/Pedagogical Chair or outside evaluator bi-annually
Music Program responsibilities
- Provide musical instruction per the general indications of a Waldorf Grades music curriculum including flute playing and singing in all classes, introduction of music notation in 3rd grade, and introduction of strings in 4th grade.
- Support music for class plays
- Support music for festivals and other community events including faculty meetings
- Knowledge and instruction of pentatonic and diatonic flutes and recorders
General Teacher responsibilities
- Teach 18 number of classes to 8 grades
- Hold 5 recess and 5 lunch duties
- Available for substituting for up to 8 additional periods per month
- Arrive with ample time to prepare for your classes and remain on campus until the end of the school day (3:15), except on one late start day a week
- Weekly meetings with full Faculty
- Weekly meeting with Grades 1-8 Cohort
- Check and respond to emails frequently, according to employee communication norms
- Attend one of two weekend school open-house event
- Support applicant interviews
- Attend all school festivals, including those on evenings or weekends
- Support 1 weekend farm work day
- Support 1 parent evening for each grade taught
- Support parent teacher conferences
- Attend all all-school parent evenings (parent education evenings optional)
- Participation in one school committee
- Two 4-6 hour shifts on the farm during the summer break
Continuing Education Expectations
- Attend all in-school provided professional development offerings
- In partnership with the faculty chair, develop professional development plan for Waldorf education and Anti-racist training. School will pay for all required professional development courses.
Base Salary + Add-ons
This position is eligible for the full benefits package including:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage
Employer sponsored 401K/Roth Retirement plan benefit and matching options
Employer sponsored transportation stipend, if applicable
*see employee handbook for further state/federal benefits
We look forward to hearing from all interested applicants from around the world.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of the cover letter, we may schedule a phone call with a member of our Hiring Committee.
It shall be the operational policy of Golden Bridges School not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or affectional preference, age, or handicap in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. This policy of non-discrimination covers school programs and activities, including but not limited to: academic, admissions, financial aid, educational services, and employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.