World Language Teacher
Sunfield Farm and Waldorf School is seeking a World Language Teacher to join our faculty for the 2022-2023 School Year. This position could encompass any world language outside of English. This is a part time position filling 14 teaching periods per week.
- BA or BS preferred
- Experience teaching grade school age students
- Fluency in language to be taught
- Knowledge of relevant cultural aspects
- Teaching, interpersonal, and student management skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Adaptability; able to change work plan based on needs of particular class
Areas of Responsibility:
- Teaching Grades 1 through 8/9 (Grades 6/7 and 8/9 are combined classes for 2022/23)
- Develop an understanding of the Waldorf pedagogical approach to child development
- Providing written mid-year and end-of-year reports for each student, in addition to communicating with parents throughout the academic year
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with colleagues
- Attendance at monthly All Staff meetings and bi-monthly faculty meetings
- $25-$30 per class taught. This includes the instructional period AND prep time necessary outside of instructional time.
How to Apply
- Qualified and interested candidates please email a letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to aderbis@Sunfieldfarm.org
Sunfield has been on our land for 16 years. We are serving 155 children in preschool through 8th grade this year, and expect a return to strong enrollment for the 2022/23 school year. Daily, children and teachers work with animals, plants, gardens, compost, walk and play on the land, and steward this magical place. Our dedicated faculty of 18 includes lead teachers, assistants and specialties instructors. Our faculty enjoy a strong colleagueship, deepening their work through Anthroposophy and a connection to the land and animals. Faculty have also committed to an examination of issues surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion, with the goal of educating each young person in the elemental values of justice, equity, and inclusivity; and to encourage practices of compassion and critical-thought into their lives within, outside of, and beyond Sunfield. Sunfield maintains a committed and supportive administrative team that participates in the life of the school and farm.
Sunfield Land for Learning encompasses a Waldorf school, Biodynamic farm and community education program. We are located on an 81-acre campus in Jefferson county on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. We are one of few Waldorf schools in the nation that is located on a thriving farm, which includes a forest, wetland and agricultural fields. Sunfield is nestled between the Olympic mountains and the Puget Sound, just outside of Port Townsend, a vibrant Victorian seaport community. We are two hours away from the bustling city of Seattle and have mountains and ocean in our backyard. Truly a beautiful place to live and work!
111 Sunfield Lane, Port Hadlock, WA 98339
Sunfield is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.