Owner of Treasure Garden Nursery School
Preschool Assistant Teacher
Treasure Garden Nursery School is seeking a loving, imaginative and enthusiastic Preschool Assistant Teacher to support our preschool Program. The Assistant Teacher works closely with the Lead Teacher to create and implement a warm and enriching class environment. Our ideal candidate has familiarity with and interest in Waldorf education, excellent communication skills, equanimity to work well with young children, and a strong personal commitment to an anti-racist path to education and school culture.
- 2022-2023 program dates are: 8/29/2022- 6/4/2023
- There are 6 weeks of non-paid vacations (Thanksgiving(1), Christmas (2), February Conference(1) and Easter (2), mostly coinciding with Sacramento Waldorf School and San Juan School district calendars).
- Works hours are 8:30-12:30
- Mondays to Thursdays
About Our School
Treasure Garden Nursery School started in 2001 with a California In-Home Childcare License. Currently “Treasure Garden” is a WECAN associate member preschool located in Fair Oaks, California, a 2 minute-drive from Sacramento Waldorf School and 10 minutes from the Golden Valley Charter Schools.
It is private organization where children with many cultural backgrounds gather together every day and celebrate “who we are”.
Main Teacher, Keiko, is a native of Kyoto, Japan where the old culture meets new. The mixture of East and West produces something beautiful. Keiko holds a Japanese Elementary School teacher license and graduated from the Rudolf Steiner College Early Childhood Education program in 2001.
Children experience home-life-away-from-home for the first time here at school, then transition to Kindergarten.
Children’s ages are from 2 ½ years old to 6 year old. Maximum of 12 children in a class with 2 teachers.
This is the place that an assistant teacher can be trained to be a Preschool main teacher, and may eventually like to take on the task for her/his own in-home-preschool with a California license.
Treasure Garden Nursery School is a state licensed in-home child care. The teacher must ensure compliance with State regulations at all times.
Followings are required and the paperwork and guidance will be given once you are hired.
- Current CPR/First Aid certifications
- Completion of mandated child abuse reporting training
- Current tuberculosis clearance
- Criminal Record Background Clearance with no exemptions
- Meet all state vaccinations and health requirements
- Abide by all state licensing requirements
- Willingness to follow and uphold the minimum health and safety guidelines established by the school regarding COVID-19 precautions for students, parents, faculty and staff
- Ability to get up and off the ground repeatedly during each day
- Support the lead teacher in implementing the daily rhythm
- Assist healthy play dynamics and implement appropriate classroom management techniques
- Engage with domestic activities joyously, including preparing snacks, cleaning
- Care for the physical and emotional well-being of the children
- Guide children in developing self-help skills
- Work with individual children needing guidance and small groups independently
- Provide proper supervision
- Maintain safe and clean environment, teaching and modeling good hygiene skills
- Maintain a professional relationship with parents and observe confidentiality regarding school, child, and family matters
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with a letter of interest, highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, education, qualifications, and strengths. In addition, please include two references that we may contact.
Please submit all the above documentation to Keiko@TreasureGardenSchool.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.