High School STEAM/Math Teacher
The Austin Waldorf School, a co-educational, K-12 day school located in Austin, Texas, seeks a full-time high school STEAM (Computer Science) and Math teacher to begin July 1, 2022.
The teacher will be an experienced educator with demonstrated academic and professional achievement in a related field. Applicants will demonstrate and model the qualities of collaboration, energy, initiative, empathy, and flexibility. They will become a core member of the Math and Science department and foster a deep connection, love, and respect for the subjects, and will be an active member of the AWS school community.
The teacher will excel in group facilitation, as well as communicating in writing and speaking. They will be an enthusiastic representative of the STEAM/Math programs to current and prospective parents, and will play an important role in AWS’ curriculum development.
The high school STEAM/Math teacher’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Brief history of computers and the evolution of the computer
- Computer logic, cryptography and binary digital representation
- Simple digital circuits design TTL logic, through the building of a full-adder
- Word processing, desktop publishing (including graphics) and spreadsheets
- Basic programming (HTML and other languages), and UI programming
- Internet protocols
- Digital media production
- Advanced programming (algorithms, data structures, and an object oriented language)
- Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, and Geometry
- Robotics with LEGO Mindstorms is a plus
- Contribute to weekly humanities department meetings
- Attend weekly high school faculty, and full-faculty, meetings as scheduled
- Serve as a student and class advisor
- Collaborate with student support to ensure that all students are learning at their highest potential
Qualified candidates will possess, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a passion for teaching high school-age students. Strong candidates will have a passion for their subject and a commitment to the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Honoring the lives of high school students with respect, attention, curiosity, and humor is a must. Demonstrated success teaching and innovating in a Waldorf school is a plus. We welcome Waldorf-trained international candidates.
TO APPLY, qualified candidates should complete the online application at https://austinwaldorf.org/explore/career-opportunities/, and submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating specific interest in the High School Computer Science and Math position
- Current resume
- A list of 3-5 references, including at least 2 who have directly supervised the candidate’s work (no contact will be made without candidate approval).
Your application has been successfully submitted.