The Washington Waldorf School is seeking an Operations Manager, effective immediately. As a member of the School’s senior leadership team, the Operations Manager works with the Head of School to develop and manage administrative functions, including human resource policies, facilities maintenance, compliance with state and local safety and insurance regulations, front office operations, emergency operations, transportation management, and information technology support. The Operations Manager reports to the Head of School and attends weekly administrative and full faculty meetings.
Key areas of responsibility include the following.
- Supervise the administration of salary and benefits program for all employees, including annual renewal and employee questions/escalations.
- Oversee employee enrollment and administration orientation.
- Maintain Faculty Handbook and Family Handbook.
- Supervise the administration of the administrative evaluation system.
- Supervise all activities for this department.
- Contract for all major facilities repairs and maintenance projections in coordination with facilities manager and/or caretaker.
- Identify and manage preventative maintenance and capital project initiatives for grounds, school buildings, mechanical systems and equipment in conjunction with facilities manager/caretaker.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of furniture, equipment, supplies, and systems to support administrative and educational needs of the school.
- Oversee the lunch program.
- Oversee drivers and maintenance of school activity buses.
- Supervise IT department to include support for capital projects, IT maintenance, IT processes, policies and technical support.
- Heads school emergency management team.
- Ensure compliance with best practices for school safety and security.
- Work with Head of school on document control management.
- Review and maintain school insurance program in partnership with the Business Manager.
- Oversee State of Maryland licensing requirements for the Children’s Garden in collaboration with the Office of Childhood Coordinator.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience in organizational operations, including supervisory experience in facilities, human resources, and benefits management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience working with diverse constituencies.
- Solid computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able lift and carry up to 40 pounds and perform occasional general building and grounds maintenance.
In addition, experience in a Waldorf or other school setting is preferred. We are seeking an individual who is self-motivated, highly flexible, and able to manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time. Individuals with the ability to coach basketball, soccer or baseball is desired. We value diversity and encourage all interested individuals to apply.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Our benefits package includes health, life, and disability insurance, dental reimbursement, a school-sponsored retirement plan (after 1 year of employment), “sick & safe” leave, personal leave, and full tuition remission for the Operations Manager’s children attending the School. Additional supplemental dental, vision, accident and illness insurance coverage is available.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.