High School Learning Support Teacher
VWHS Learning Support Teacher – Job Description
Hours: 0.8 position
· Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
· Competency in identifying instructional approaches for the inclusion of diverse learners.
· Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and oversight of Individualized Educational Plans (IEP), based on the BC Ministry of Education guidelines, for VWHS students in Grades Nine through Twelve.
· Provide ongoing, one-to-one and/or small group learning support sessions for Grade Nine to Twelve students with IEPs.
· Facilitate IEP team meetings and take part in parent/teacher conferences as needed during or after school hours.
· Work collaboratively, and provide resources and support to other Learning Support team members, teachers, educational assistants, parents, administrators and staff.
· Write reports for IEP students 2-3x per year.
· Attend regular meetings of the VWS Care Group as a member and liaison/representative of the High School (VWHS).
· Carry out classroom observations, assessments and recommendations for students identified through referral process.
· Attend weekly meetings with Learning Support teams.
· Collaborate with Learning Support Teams and Administration on Special Education budget, allocation of learning support resources at the VWHS.
· Oversee the use of the VWHS Learning Centre and resources.
· Attend weekly High School faculty meetings and monthly full faculty meetings.
· Collaborate as a member of VWS committee work, and attend professional development workshops and Open House events.
· 5+ years of teaching experience
· Bachelor of Education, B.C. Teaching Certificate, Special Education certificate or equivalent experience
· Waldorf Teacher training and/or experience with Waldorf education
· Educational Assistant or Special Education training and/or experience
· Orton Gillingham or reading specialist experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.