Rose Rock School
Position Opening: Orchestra/Ensemble Program Coordinator
Rose Rock School is seeking a part-time orchestra/ensemble teacher to start in fall 2022 with a working schedule of 2-5 hours per week. All Rose Rock students begin playing the recorder in grade 1, and this instruction is given by their class teacher. Beginning in grades 3 and 4, the orchestra/ensemble teacher will begin instruction with an additional instrument and perhaps multiple instruments. Each subsequent year, as new students enter grade 3, the orchestra/ensemble classes will grow. Grades students will build and expand on their knowledge through grade 8. As such, instruction hours per week will grow as the school grows in the next 5 years.
● Fall 2022, beginning instrument instruction for grades 3 and 4
● Should be experienced in playing the taught instrument(s), leading orchestras/ensembles,
and teaching the reading of music.
● Classroom planning, organization, and management experiences are preferred ● Designing a curriculum that fits the varied needs of the student
● Organizing a Spring concert and other performance opportunities throughout the school
● Participating in parent-teacher conferences
● Writing student assessment reports each semester
● Attending school events
● Maintaining open, effective communication with parents and colleagues in a timely
● Bachelor’s degree in music education or equivalent
● Experience teaching music ed. to elementary and middle school students ● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust communication style ● Proficiency in written communication; spelling, grammar
● Responsible for completion and quality of work
● Can work independently and collaboratively
● Understanding of Waldorf education or willingness to learn
Pay and Hours: To be determined based on the teacher's experience. Teachers are compensated for contact hours and planning. 10% tuition discount is available for teachers with students enrolled at RRS. Full-time employees enjoy annual contributions to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement.
RRS pedagogy is based on a profound understanding of human development that addresses the changing needs of the growing child. Our teachers strive to transform education into an art that meets the whole child with great respect towards each one's individual, essential nature. The teachers work out of a 100 year-old pedagogical tradition that is continuously renewed and refined. This tradition integrates art, movement and academics to provide a robust and inspiring education for joyful students. The curriculum and methodology develop clarity of thought, imaginative minds, richness of feeling life, and capable bodies. Recipients of RRS education are on firm footing to grow into self-determining, self-affirming adults.
The Rose Rock School Community
Learning Through Play, Inspired by Nature, Growing in Community
At the Rose Rock School, we provide a curriculum infused with creativity and imagination that supports the balanced development of each child and seeks to remove hindrances from learning. The result is students who are enabled to discover and pursue their life interests in freedom.
Our talented faculty nurtures an environment of warmth, collaboration and collegiality. Subject classes provide instruction in a wide variety of artistic education, two foreign languages, music, movement education, handwork, as well as traditional academics. Rose Rock is a community center in which parents, children, faculty, and the greater community experience and celebrate life together.
Rose Rock School, located on four beautiful, treed acres in the heart of Norman, Oklahoma and hosts a Lifeways early childhood program as well as an early grades program (1 through 4 in Fall 2022).
Your application has been successfully submitted.