Lower School Coordinator & Substitute Teacher
The Washington Waldorf School is seeking a Substitute Coordinator and Teacher for grades 1-8 beginning July 1, 2022.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Teaching and supervising classes in a variety of subjects in grades 1-8, either on an all-day basis or partial days and individual classes as needed. The substitute will not generally be responsible for formulating lesson plans except in unusual circumstances.
- Coordinating substitute needs as they arise.
- Supporting Lower School administrative needs and duties when not teaching. These could include a wide range of tasks from assisting with Lower School scheduling and record keeping, sitting at the front desk, monitoring recess and student drop-off and pick-up duties.
- Attending weekly departmental and full faculty meetings (These meetings are generally held on the same day after the end of the school day).
This position is a 75% of full time annual salaried position. During the school year the substitute will be expected to work 100% of a full time schedule, but would have no responsibilities over the summer (such as planning for the following year). The position includes our full benefit package, including tuition remission for the substitute’s children attending the school pro-rated to 75% of full time. Support for professional development is also available on a limited basis, including support for teacher training during the summer.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Grades teaching experience.
- Demonstrated interest in Waldorf education.
- A high degree of flexibility with ability to work independently.
- Ability to pass Maryland criminal background check.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who is currently engaged in, or considering Waldorf teaching. It offers exposure to the full range of the Lower School Waldorf curriculum as well as experience working with children ages 7-14. Waldorf teaching experience will certainly be an advantage, but we are most interested in an individual who is adaptable, enthusiastic and works well with a wide range of teachers and students. We encourage all interested individuals to apply.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. –attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.