Subject Teacher -- Handwork
POSITION: Subject Teacher
SUPERVISED BY: Pedagogical Administrator
The outcomes expected from the subject teacher follow:
- Students are prepared to succeed in the subsequent grade at any Waldorf school in those aspects of their development that are affected by the subject lessons
- By the end of the school year, the teacher is prepared to perform at a higher level in the subsequent year
In achieving these outcomes, the teacher is expected to follow school policies and procedures, and utilize methods consistent with Waldorf education philosophy as practiced by ECS.
The essential duties of the subject teacher include:
- Assure the safety and security of students during the school day, (including students of other classes as circumstances may require).
- Maintain a clean, orderly and beautiful work space appropriate for the subject matter.
- Plan and deliver the curriculum.
- Provide the Pedagogical Administrator with curriculum overview and learning goals prior to the school year
- Write one end of year report for each student and one mid-year report for the subset of students as defined by the Steering Committee
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences with each student’s parents as directed by the pedagogical administrator.
- Assist administrative faculty with enrollment, development and other functions as requested/assigned.
- Attend meetings and contribute to department/workgroup as assigned.
- Attend subject teacher meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in a mentoring program as assigned
- Undertake continuing professional development.
- Cooperate with all colleagues, teaching and administrative faculty, as needed, requested, or assigned by supervisor.
- Perform substitution and recess duties as assigned.
- Attend School functions as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.A. degree or equivalent, or higher degree
- Waldorf education certificate or equivalent highly desirable
- Waldorf teaching experience desirable
- Washington state teaching certificate desirable
- Academic competence to deliver the subject matter assigned
- Warm, caring, disciplined way with children
- Comfortable working with a variety of artistic media and methods
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to follow-through
- Computer literacy desirable
- Able, unassisted, to lift and carry children up to 50 pounds in weight
- Able, unassisted, to walk, talk, hear, stand, see, sit and negotiate stairs
To Apply, please submit the following items to email@example.com
• Completed Employment Application Form
• Resume that includes education & work experience
• Three professional references
Recruitment and screening of applications are ongoing until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration we encourage candidates to complete and submit applications promptly. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.